Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
‘You were her rock now she’s your pension’

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News Princess Diana News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: ‘You were her rock now she’s your pension’ Reply with quote

‘You were her rock now she’s your pension’
Daily Express
12 September 2006

By Martin Evans

PAUL Burrell got a mauling on live TV yesterday when he attempted to publicise his latest betrayal of Diana.

The multi-millionaire former butler was left floundering when he was grilled on the normally easy-going ITV1 daytime show, This Morning, as he plugged his new book.

Instead of getting the easy ride he might have expected, Burrell was accused by presenter Phillip Schofield of cashing in on Diana’s memory, Schofield saying he was finding it hard to be nice to him.

Schofield said: “It would appear you were her rock, but now she is your pension.”

Burrell stumbled on his words as he was forced to defend his outrageous allegations that Diana’s sons Princes William and Harry had let their mother down by not doing enough to keep her memory alive, claiming: “They have been blown out of all proportion.”

BURRELL: Denied cashing in

Burrell, 48, had told an American chat show: “I am still in that corner waving my flag, who else is? The Royal Family aren’t, her ex-husband isn’t, because he is not, and sadly her children aren’t.”

But Schofield and his co-host Fern Britton said the remarks would be incredibly hurtful to the Princes, who have maintained a dignified silence about their mother.

Backtracking desperately, Burrell replied: “I did not attack them (the Princes). I did not say anything bad about William and Harry. I would not do that, I have two boys of my own.” Burrell’s remarks prompted angry callers to ring the show in disgust while royal commentators blasted him as deeply insensitive and “the lowest of the low”.

Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of royal magazine Majesty, said the Princes did honour Diana’s memory, but were entitled to their privacy.

“The Princes don’t have to make public all their feelings about their mother. Why should they? Of course they think about her all the time.

“I think it’s extremely cheeky of Burrell to say he’s the one keeping her memory alive. He’s keeping it alive for his own ends. I’m sure the Princes think he’s the lowest of the low,” she said.

Burrell also made the bizarre claim that he knew more about Diana than her own sons, insisting they could learn about their mother from him. He told a clearly astonished Schofield: “They are grown men now in an adult world and I hope they understand more about their mother’s world from a person who cared for her.

“I would hope that William and Harry will read this book and then will know this a tribute to them and their mother’s love for them.”

Referring to pictures published in the Daily Express last week showing Burrell wearing a £60,000 Cartier diamond earring, Schofield accused him of flaunting the wealth he was making on the back of Diana.

But Burrell insisted had not written the book – his second about Diana – for money. He also claimed that only he was in a position to talk about her life.
Amy is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dlive
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Earning his pension the hard way now isn't Mr. Burrell Reply with quote

Hi Amy,

Yes maybe they do think Mr. Burrell is cashing in on Diana's memory but I bet they read the book. I mean if he didn't write the books what would we read?? What would we have to discuss and would this forum exsist. I'm sure Diana realized that eventually everyone around her would end up writing a book about her at some point. With as much as Burrell got put through when he was accused of stealing from her doesn't he deserve a little something?? At least he's not letting the world forget her. We are not any better than he is because we are guilty of feeding the need for more books and merchandise by not letting all this go right??!! The public caused the photographers to chase her and hound her even beyond the grave so how can anyone throw stones at someone else for doing the same thing that we all do??? Just a few thoughts for us... We have an insatiable appetite for anything Diana even now...... Just can't stop because it's a true addiction. I admit I'm a Dianaholic and I can't stop, ever. I feel guilty but not enough to make me stop. I want her to be remembered for the extrordinary human being that she was and still is through the work that continues in her name.....

dlive
dlive is offline View user's profile Send private message

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you Dive. I admit I do feel guilty as well because I keep buying books and anything about Diana. I am Dianaholic. They have nearly distoryed Paul burrel. They took him every penny. They turned his house up side down and that is not end of it. They want to distoryed him. That is because he knows Diana better than anyone. He knows her inside and out. The Dark Force and The Royal Family don't like it because he knows her every secrets and worried that may be reveal to the public. But Paul nearly lost everything even his home and his savings so I think he deserve something back. Something doesn't make sense I mean just after Diana died, Paul told the Queen that he will take some of Diana's personal belongs so he did not stolen anything. He keep it as a safe keeping to protect Diana's memory. It took the Queen awfully long time to admit that he did told her right at the begining. It's odd. I found Paul a bit strange in a small way but he was Queen and Diana's bulter so he acted like this. I respect him and I feel sorry for him of what they put him through for nothing. You are right Dive we have 'insatiable appetite ' about Diana. That is because we don't know much about her and what she was doing in her private life. Diana was nothing like Royal Family. She enjoyed walking down the street on her own, waiting in the line when she was in the shops. she enjoyed do normal things that we taken for grant. I don't think the world will ever stop talking about Diana because she was and still is SO interesting. She was very colourful woman. Like you, I do feel guilty but Diana was not blameless aswell as she like to be 'seen' when she FEEL like it. I do believe she was addicted to be ' seen'. We ALL are addicted about Diana, even herself even she loathed fame.
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

dlive
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Diana couldn't live without the fame? Reply with quote

Hi Jamient1410,
I agree that Paul deserves something for all his effort and that he is a little strange. His life and exsistence seemed to revolve around Diana. It makes you wonder about his true role in her life and if he truly was there as a friend and a butler or if it was more. I guess only they know the true meaning of their relationship. I mean I wonder how he really and truly felt about her and how she felt about him. There are not many people who can be that devoted to someone and it be normal. I don't know I guess friends can be that devoted to each other and only just love each other as friends but it's so hard to trust people nowadays and in Diana's position trust is never an easy or total thing. The only people I trust that much is my parents. I don't think Diana could have been happy not being in the spotlight. She was used to being the center of attention. I'm not saying that she was stuckup about it but when you get used to being the center of attention where ever you go you come to expect it all the time so I think it would be difficult for her to just completely disappear. I mean the public wouldn't let her and she would have to admit that sometimes she enjoyed being in the spotlight. People who are famous want it both ways. They like being famous and the center of attention when it suits them but when they don't want to be seen or want people to know what they are doing they hate it. They want their privacy and to be famous all at the same time and now it doesn't work that way. Too many people want to know everything and information is so easy to get for the right price. Sometimes that need to know costs us more than we know. Diana was a lot like Elvis at the end there. He had rent movie theaters and amusement parks after hours just to go out so he wouldn't be mobbed. He couldn't live a normal life and she was much the same way. If only the people around them could have protected them from themselves. If only Elvis' people had stood up to him and gotten him help for his problem he might still be alive and if only Hasnat had called Diana and told her how much he loved her she might not have went with Dodi and she'd still be alive but those are only if onlys. Wishing to change the past won't make it happen but it's cool to say what if.

dlive
dlive is offline View user's profile Send private message

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Diana as we all do but I do believe at times she can be a very good actress. I don't think she see Paul Burrel as a friend. I think she see him as a pet. Something to keep her a company. Paul was extremely loyal to Diana but I think he was addicted to her. I found him very very strange and I could not work it out what Diana see in him but I believe he always said things that she wants to hear. Yes, Diana likes to be center of attention and I think it would distoryed her if it was not. But she was so beauitful. She never said she was a saint so at least she was honest about that. I think at times, she was a very confused woman. But still, she was and still is, very special woman. Having flaws that made her a human. Snobbish, maybe at times but I think Paul Burrel is extremely snobbish.
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: