Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
British princes lash out over Diana death photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News Princess Diana News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you want to see pictures of Diana in this state?
Yes.
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
No.
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: British princes lash out over Diana death photos Reply with quote

British princes lash out over Diana death photos
By Peter Graff
Fri Jul 14, 12:15 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's princes William and Harry lashed out on Friday at an Italian magazine that published taboo photographs of their mother Princess Diana dying in the wreckage of a Paris car crash.

ADVERTISEMENT

"We feel deeply saddened that such a low has been reached," the two princes said in a rare statement.

"Despite the support shown to us and our mother's memory by so many people over the last eight years, we feel that, as her sons, we would be failing in our duty to her now if we did not protect her, as she once did us.

"Therefore, we appeal to all forms of media throughout the world to appreciate fully that publishing such material causes great hurt to us, our father, our mother's family and all those who so loved and respected her."

Milan-based magazine Chi defended its decision to run the photo, which showed Diana slumped and dying in the mangled Mercedes moments after it slammed into a tunnel at high speed, killing her, her lover and their driver.

A spokesman for the magazine said: "There is nothing voyeuristic or disrespectful in all this. It is just an attempt to get closer to the truth of a drama that is still wrapped in too much mystery and too many lies."

British tabloids, which once revelled in covering every twist in Diana's tortured lovelife, had refrained from publishing pictures of her death, maintaining that taboo throughout the nearly nine years since the crash.

They united on Friday in condemning Chi.

"Shame On You" thundered The Sun, Britain's best-selling daily newspaper, which reprinted the photo in Chi but blanked out the image of Diana. "Outrage at Picture of Dying Diana in Magazine," declared the Daily Express.

The fury of the tabloids was ironic to some.

"There is no doubting the double standards of the British media," leading publicist Max Clifford told Reuters. "There is a huge public interest and if they are not horrendous images, I cannot get myself as stirred up as they seem to be."

(Additional reporting by Stephen Brown in Rome and Paul Majendie in London)
AngelDiana is offline View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see a picture of the princess but I did not like looking at it because I think she should not have been seen in her dying hours. The pictures should not have been published because I am sure that no one would want to see their mother, aunt, or even sister in her dying hours.
AngelDiana is offline View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger

pocketnunu
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the picture -- it wasn't gory but the thought that she was dying was terrible and made me feel a little sick. The thought that the photographers just had to pursue her, in a maddened frenzy, angered and saddened me. If they had not been in hot pursuit, the driver would not have been speeding.

From there, we don't know about any conspiracy. If the paparazzi were not present, would any such assassination been attempted?

Noelle
pocketnunu is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

xanadu
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Remember her in her best, alive Reply with quote

When my grandfather died, my family refused to let me see him dead. They knew that it would haunt me for the rest of my life if i viewed him dead. To be perfectly frank, who wants to see a dead person? I last saw him as alive and well. That is the image I want to keep of him. That would be the way i would want to remember Diana.
xanadu is offline View user's profile Send private message

dlive
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: I Saw the pictures by accident Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I saw the pictures on the internet long before the news media knew they exsisted. I was surfing the internet and clicked on a sight and there they were. i was expecting to see pictures of the car and the crash scene but instead I saw her lying there helpless and dying. It was hard to see but I have to admit I would have looked anyway. Its a natural curiosity. It may seem very disturbing but some people have to see things to believe them. When people die sometimes their loved ones need to see them and to say goodbye. It's a form of closure. Some people can't handle the reality and others can. I still have trouble believeing she is really gone because I didn't get to see her and be at the funeral and the graveside. Some people have to be convinced that it's real and that's the only way they believe it is to experience the sights, sounds and smells and feel things. It's weird but people have their own ways of coping. i wasn't close to her everyday so it is easy for me to pretend in my mind that she is still alive and doing her thing as usual. It's weird I know but that is how I cope.

dlive
dlive is offline View user's profile Send private message

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I can relate to that dive. I mean, when my granmother died about 6 years ago, I didn't want to cry in her funeral because I know she is in happier place. But I decided to see her body for a last time. It was very strange because I found it very comforting because I know it was her but it was not her. I mean it was her body but she is not there. I can't explain it but it helped me to cope and I was fine afterward. It's a form of closure. People cope differently. Some people may find it easier to cope to see their dead onces's body or not. It's varies. It's same with Diana. I can understand that totally.
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

xanadu
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Last moments of Diana's life Reply with quote

Steve Irwin's widow wont allow viewers to see her husband's last hours alive. I don't blame her. I know people have to see someone to have closure but i would feel that only the ones who were there the whole time with the dead one i feel has the right to say that they would like not to have their beloved one's last moments to not be on the tv. I know people are saying that they loved Steve they loved Diana too but it is the princes's wishes, wellbeing that should be respected. The widow should be respected.
xanadu is offline View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: