Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The last Will of Diana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana Den Princess Diana Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muala
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: The last Will of Diana Reply with quote

What was the last will of Diana?
Is it right, that Diana's brother was giving most of her things?
How much did she left for her sons William and Harry?
Did Charles get something or Dodi?
Muala is offline View user's profile Send private message
AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not completely sure what Diana's last will said but I heard of a website that has it. When I find the website I'll be sure to let you know. I think Diana left 17 million pounds for William and Harry to share. I'm not sure about anything else. I think she also said that Harry would get her engagement ring and William would get her watch that she always wore. She wanted William and Harry to give those to their wives when they marry.
AngelDiana is offline View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger

Sassie
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full text of Diana's will:

http://www.thedianaring.com/lastwill.htm

She didn't itemize her jewelry, etc-she simply left everything in trust to her executors to keep (or sell as they saw fit) in trust for her sons, who would each inherit their share of her estate when they reached 25.
Sassie is offline View user's profile Send private message

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about her will to be honest but I think her Spencer tira will be pass to William's wife one day. That is what I believe. About 17 million go to her sons, no, not 17 million once it taken by tax. I think after tax, something like 8- 12 million so that would be approximately 4 - 6 million each. I know it will be taken by tax or already have taken but I don't know exactly how much.
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

Sassie
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamient1410 wrote:
I don't know much about her will to be honest but I think her Spencer tira will be pass to William's wife one day. That is what I believe. About 17 million go to her sons, no, not 17 million once it taken by tax. I think after tax, something like 8- 12 million so that would be approximately 4 - 6 million each. I know it will be taken by tax or already have taken but I don't know exactly how much.

Sadly, probably not. Earl Spencer reclaimed the tiara before Diana died, and will likely keep it for his own daughters, since the Royal Family has so many other tiaras for future members to use.

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right. I think that is a great shame. I wondered what kind of spare tira(s) royal family have at the moment? What about Windsor tira that Diana wore, would that be pass to the next Princess of Wales??

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Camilla will get to wear the Windsor tiara.

Sassie
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamient1410 wrote:
Oh right. I think that is a great shame. I wondered what kind of spare tira(s) royal family have at the moment? What about Windsor tira that Diana wore, would that be pass to the next Princess of Wales??

The Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara was returned to the Queen after Diana's death, since it is valued as part of the Royal Collection. Tehcnically, the Queen did not give Diana the tiara-rather, she gifted Diana with the use of it for her lifetime.

It is up to the Queen who, if anyone, wears it in the future-and it is highly likely that the tiara will not be seen again until William or Harry marry, when their wife might be allowed use of the tiara. It is very, very doubtful that Camilla will be seen in that particular tiara, or that the Queen would allow her the use of it.

The Royal Collection has many tiaras-some of which have never been seen publicly.

dlive
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: The should retire the tiara Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I think that the Qeen out of respect for her former Daughter-in-law should not ever lend out that tiara again. It should be put on display or just not ever be worn again. I mean if they were to gift it to William or Harry's wife in the future it wouldn't seem right. If it were me I wouldn't want people to think of someone else everytime I wore it would you?? What young bride would want that?? Question

dlive
dlive is offline View user's profile Send private message

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we have seen Camilla wore a tira. I think it once belonged to the Queen Mother or Queen Mary. I am not sure, I could be wrong. But sorry to sound bitchy but that tira Camilla wore doesn't suit her. She doesn't have the glamour that Diana had. If Camilla wore a windsor tira that Diana wore, I will explode with anger. But I am sure that won't happen.

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Jamient1410!
"I found myself wanting to hug and kiss (my sons) all the time. But they have rather passed that stage. I kept reminding myself that they were nearly young men who didn't want to be kissed and hugged by their mother too much."
www.dianaspeaks.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana Den All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: