Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Do you remember where you were when ... happened?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana Den Princess Diana Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scupidu
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Do you remember where you were when ... happened? Reply with quote

Do you remember where you were when Princess Diana married Charles?

::: www.princess-diana.com ::: www.princess-diana.co.uk ::: www.pictures-princess-diana.com :::
scupidu is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
empathyrules
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Where I was Reply with quote

Well, I remember I was a teenager, same age as Diana, sitting in my parents living room, snacking on chips and watching the most beautiful wedding of all time.

But, the question you should have asked was " Do you remember where you were when she died?"

I was at a Wedding Truso at a downtown bar when news got around. I live in Canada and well, we loved Diana a lot. My girlfriends and I were feeling pretty good, dancing, acting goofy and slowly people were starting to stop and talk, I mean right on the dance floor, shouting that someone had died. I walked over to this girl and asked her who died... she said Princess Diana. I was frozen... I said you have to be kidding... she said "no, she died in a car accident in Europe". I remember feeling the tingles go from my head to my toes, like I had just experienced the loss of a family member. I went over to my girlfriends and told them ... and their jaws all dropped. We never dicussed Diana as a group or as friends.... she was just there.... everyone lost their happiness... it was weird... as the news got around.. the whole bar..... and I am not exaggerating.... the whole bar quit... everyone just kind of looked at one another.... the good time was gone.... nobody could smile... so we left... everyone was leaving... it was surreal.

When I got home my roomate was on the couch crying.... I said "Diana?" she said "yea". I sat down with her and watched the news. They werent showing much... flashes of the car... they didnt know much, only that she was dead. My roomate and I sat in silence, watched and tears flowed.

The next day we had breakfast and watched more... they had more information... the Paprazzi were to blame... we got mad.... we were like cursing and saying it was bound to happen the way they hounded her. My roomates parents owned a big grocery store... they took all the tabloid filth off the shelves and told the companies not to send anymore.... and her parents are not tabloid type people... very business oriented, they didnt usually get upset about things like this... and Diana's death affected them!

I remember the funeral.. that was the hardest thing to watch. My roomate and I sat with a box of Kleenex and cried. We went to our Legislature and signed the book of condolences that was to go to the palace, we waited hours to sign..... It wasnt just women in the line.. there were lots of men.... tough looking men... business men, grunge men... all sorts of ages, professions and sizes.... that is when it hit me... Diana wasnt just someone who touched Women and Children... she touched everyone.

This woman was not just some pretty face.... she was more than that.... I wish I could describe her on paper but I cant.. its just there... in the heart.... she got in our hearts.... thats the best way to explain it... when she died... our hearts hurt.... thats when the world knew she was the Queen of Hearts.

Michelle

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, yeah I remember where i was very very well. It was Sunday morning, I woken up about before 9.30. Normally I put a telly on the first thing but on that day, I didn't which was very unusual. Then I went to the kitchen to feed the cats, then suddendly the phone rang, which again, was very unusual. I thought something is not right then when my mother said to me that Diana has died. First I thought it was my Auntie diane. She said 'No, its PRINCESS DIANA that killed in a car crash' I didn't really taken her seriously but she asked me to put the telly on so I did and god, I was shocked and I could not remember afterward. I couldn't believe it and all seemed impossible but unfortunately it DID happened.
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will never forget where I was the day I heard Diana had died. I was only seven but I remember as if it was yesterday. I was watching the telly on Sunday and they had said Diana, princess of Wales has died in a car crash. I was on the right side of my tv and standing up I nearly fainted but I just started crying because she had done so much for everyone and she should not have died so early. I was so devastated and I am still sad about how and when she died. It is all so very sad.
AngelDiana is offline View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger

Insy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only 6 years old but I remember where I was when I heard about her death. It was Sunday, I think, and it was morning. My parents were watching the morning news and I was playing with my dolls. My mom said:"Oh, look, princess Diana has died in a car crash." and I began watching the news with them. I don't quite remember the report but I suddenly felt sad and alone. A few days later we watched her funeral- I had to go to the kindergarden but I stayed at home and watched her on her last journey.
Insy is offline View user's profile Send private message

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very sad to remember where you were when Diana died. I like to think of her dying as a passing on instead of death because she is very much alive in many people's hearts and I'm sure she is watching over all her supporters in heaven. Smile

sama
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i do. i had just made breakfast, and come into my sitting room to watch the news on tv. and the world fell apart.

sama
sama is offline View user's profile Send private message

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure everyone felt that way she captivated everyone and everyone thought they knew her personally because she was so human. I loved her loving nature and naturalness with people. She was always willing to help and I admired her for being patron to all those charities. I will never forget the day Diana died.

LuckyLady
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was in Sunday Bible class, and almost choked! I couldn't believe it! I said automatically something isn't right! Everyone looked amazed, like no! Crying or Very sad
LuckyLady is offline View user's profile Send private message

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it came as a great shock to me as well.
"I found myself wanting to hug and kiss (my sons) all the time. But they have rather passed that stage. I kept reminding myself that they were nearly young men who didn't want to be kissed and hugged by their mother too much."
www.dianaspeaks.com

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was a huge shock for me as well. .
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

Jooles
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the whole world remembers what they were doing when they heard the terrible news. I remember not being able to take it in, I just couldn't believe it. I switched on the tv and saw a pic of diana with the dates underneath and I thought to myself 'dead? How can she be dead? We've not heard about her being ill. Then when I realised it had been in a car crash my very first thought was 'oh how convenient for the Windsors' and I still think that now - almost 10 years on. I remember it took me SO long not to cry whenever I saw pictures/stories of her in newspapers or on tv Sad
Jooles is offline View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana Den All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: