Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Quotes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana Den Princess Diana Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paula
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Quotes Reply with quote

scupidu
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.
scupidu is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

scupidu
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - Paula - for opening this topic.
On the mainpage on Princess-Diana.com, we offer the "Quote of the day" -> every day another quote of Diana. Nevertheless, it would be great, if people post their favorite quote here.

Quote:
I don't go by the rule book... I lead from the heart, not the head.

::: www.princess-diana.com ::: www.princess-diana.co.uk ::: www.pictures-princess-diana.com :::
scupidu is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand people's suffering, people's pain, more than you will ever know yourself....Quote by Princess Diana.
Yes, I do touch. I believe that everyone needs that....Quote by Princess Diana.

I've always thought that people need to feel good about themselves and I see my role as offering support to them, to provide some light along the way....Princess Diana

It's vital the monarchy keeps in touch with the people. It's what I try and do....Quote by Princess Diana.

I don't go by the rule book, I lead from the heart, not the head....Quote by Princess Diana.

I knew what my job was, it was to go out and meet the people and love them....Quote by Princess Diana.

I will fight for my children on any level so they can reach their potential as human beings and in their public duties....Quote by Princess Diana.

I wear my heart on my sleeve....Quote by Princess Diana.

The kindness and affection from the public have carried me through some of the most difficult periods, and always your love and affection have eased the journey....Quote by Princess Diana.

I wish all the mothers, fathers and children out there realize how much I need them and how much I value their support....Quote by Princess Diana.

I'd like people to think of me as someone who cares about them....Quote by Princess Diana. Weight Loss Secrets

Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back....Quote by Princess Diana.

Hugs can do a great amount of good, especially for children....Quote by Princess Diana.

I'm aware that people I have loved and have died and are in the spirit world look after me....Quote by Princess Diana.
Amy is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

scupidu
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can.

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diana quotes :

'I take my teddy to bed every night and he travels with me everywhere I go'

'Wouldn't it be fabulous to go to my own premiere?'

'Diana, remember you're a Spencer'

'I asked (to William): 'Do you mind if I give up HRH?' William said 'Mummy, we love you as you are-we don't mind that you're no longer HRH'

'He's getting vert tall, don't you think - and we all know which side of the family that's come from.'

'I take some responsibility that our marriage went that way it did. I'll take half of it, but I won't take any more than that, because it takes two to get in this situation.'

'My husband has cleaned the place out. I'm surprised he didn't take the light switches.'

'Boys, I'm just going to have a quick word with Camilla.'

'Without love, people die'

'I don't know why they're complaining - after all, I married a German.'

'The royal family is not a sweetwise. they have no strategy and do not think ahead. They blunder from day to day.'

'Prince Charles longs to be patted on the head by his father while his father longs to be asked advice instead of Prince Charles giving the advice.'

'I want to walk into a room, be it a hospice for the dying or a hospital for sick children and feel that i am needed. I want to do, not just to be.'

'You can't comfort the afflicted, without afflicting the comfortable.'

'HIV does not make people dangerous to know, so you can shake their hands and give them a hug. Heaven knows - they need it.'
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my favourite quotes made by Diana:

'I take my teddy to bed every night and he travels with me everywhere I go'

'Without love, people die'

"There were three of us in this marrige so it was a bit crowded."

'I want to walk into a room, be it a hospice for the dying or a hospital for sick children and feel that i am needed. I want to do, not just to be.'

'You can't comfort the afflicted, without afflicting the comfortable.'

'HIV does not make people dangerous to know, so you can shake their hands and give them a hug. Heaven knows - they need it.'

I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that.- Princess Diana

"I found myself wanting to hug and kiss (my sons) all the time. But they have rather passed that stage. I kept reminding myself that they were nearly young men who didn't want to be kissed and hugged by their mother too much."

Does anyone want to share what they think Diana's most famous quote was?
AngelDiana is offline View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger

db
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: quotes Reply with quote

In 1992 Diana said to friends:

I have a woman's instinct and its always a good one.

Diane from Canada
db is offline View user's profile Send private message

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2 favourite Diana quotes that she said are:
I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that.- Princess Diana

"I found myself wanting to hug and kiss (my sons) all the time. But they have rather passed that stage. I kept reminding myself that they were nearly young men who didn't want to be kissed and hugged by their mother too much."

Insy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If men could have children, I'm sure that they would give birth only once."
"There were three people in our marriage. I don't like crowds."
Once Charles said about Diana's popularity: "The only thing left for me is to collect the bouquets."
Insy is offline View user's profile Send private message

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quote was actually "There were three of us in this marriage. So it was a bit crowded." If you would like you can see the Panaroma interview in which she says that. It's on www.danispalace.com anyways, there is also a lot of other things on there as well. Smile

Insy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome. I hope you like the site! Very Happy I enjoyed looking at everything.

Insy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly enjoyed looking at everything. Thank you. Mr. Green Dancing

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome, Insy. I haven't been able to find anymore at the moment but I'll keep looking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana Den All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: