Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How did Diana try to help to make the world a better place?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana Den Princess Diana Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scupidu
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: How did Diana try to help to make the world a better place? Reply with quote

Open question:
How did Diana try to help to make the world a better place?
I`ve just found this question on Yahoo!Answers Beta, which I didn`t know before.
scupidu is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diana devoted lots of her free time to do endless charity work she tried to make the world see what was wrong in it and she had the full publics backing Very Happy
Amy is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

scupidu
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,
She fights against land mines,
she took her role as patron of the English National Ballet, the Leprosy Mission and the British AIDS,
she brought attention to the world's poor,
she remained president of the children's hospitals,
what more?

She started the 'humanisation' of the royal family.

::: www.princess-diana.com ::: www.princess-diana.co.uk ::: www.pictures-princess-diana.com :::
scupidu is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

scupidu
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also have a look at this videoclip:

princess diana fighting land mines

Or have a look at: http://www.princess-diana-pictures.com - "Queen of humainty & "The fight for the needy"

::: www.princess-diana.com ::: www.princess-diana.co.uk ::: www.pictures-princess-diana.com :::

lauracrazygirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What people really don't think about is the really bad social prejudice in the early 1980s of AIDS in Britain. Which I think Diana was one of the main forces behind defecting this prejudice.

There were many cases of people who if their neighbours found out they had AIDS they tell everyone in their area about that person and that person would be cut off from the community.This was because of the fear of getting AIDS, some people would do worst and try to hurt anyone who had AIDS.

Diana not only brought these people out the shadows of society, but give them a human voice in the press, who up till then, had only covered HIV and AIDS as sex and drugs horror stories not bothering about the suffering of those who got it.
I believe Diana's involvement in AIDS opened the way for more people in the celebrity world and people with AIDS to speak out as human beings rather than objects of fear and possibly hate.

Sorry to go on and on!! But this is how I became a Diana fan. I'm only 17 but a few years ago I was watching a documentary on aids in Britain and a man was being interview about his meeting with princess Diana.

He said he was too scared to appear with her before the world media so she meet him privately away from the cameras and she chatted to him and 8 other people who were to afraid to be seen by the world.

The man in the interview said the best part of the visit was when Diana kissed him and the 8 others good bye and he started crying during the interview but he smiled through his tears

I mean you can't get better than can you!!
lauracrazygirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! She want to make a world a better place. She was a great peacemaker and she knew it. But unfortunately, there are some people out there who doesn't want a world a better place which is a shame really but certainly, Diana want world to be a better place. I believe she had the power to do it. That made her wonderful human begin.
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

sama
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly think that diana made the world a better place in every way. she worked tirelessly for the causes in which she believed, and she fought the prejudice and stuffiness in the royal family. she gave aids sufferers a voice, she touched people literally and metaphorically. when they had had contact with her, something inside them seemed to be healed.

she showed the emotionally constipated windsors that it was absolutely FINE to reach out to people. that's why they didnt like her. because they have lived in their ivory tower for far too long.
sama is offline View user's profile Send private message

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you both Diana tried to make the world a better place with almost everything she worked tirelessly for all her charities and did as much as she could for everyone. She really had a good spirit and it lives on through evryoone of us! Very Happy
AngelDiana is offline View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger

LuckyLady
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She used her powerful position to make good for all people regardless of race, ethnicity and religion. She didn't have to do that, especially fighting for her sanity with mostly those stiff neck/cold blooded royals! More props to her. May you be blessed and rest in Peace!
LuckyLady is offline View user's profile Send private message

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Diana helped people and it came from something inside of her she always liked ouching people and it came from her heart. I agree that she didn't have to do that but I think that's why so many people liked her was because she always touched people with ehr heart and she always let other poeple come first. Very Happy

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. She loved make other people happy. I agree, she didn't have to but she wanted to because she enjoyed doing it.
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diana wore her heart on her sleeve and she always allowed herself to lead with her heart. It shows in the many pictures taken of her and she just a constant warmness and love about her. Diana's spirit was a very wise one though she wasn't smart academically she was smart with people and that's why she connected with so many people all over the world.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana Den All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: